Viessmann Photovoltaic (PV) panels convert the suns energy (sunlight or sun ultra violet radiation) directly into electricity.
Installing a photovoltaic system isn’t rocket science. With the fully assembled panels, you too could soon be getting power straight from your roof.
Installing a Vitovolt photovoltaic system on the roof turns every homeowner into a power generator. Fit photovoltaic panels onto the roof, plug leads together, connect an inverter, done!
Vitovolt function explained
Basically, a mains-connected solar power system operates in three stages:
1. Harvesting energy
Electrons are released when light strikes the photovoltaic panels. Positive or negative charge carriers collect at the electrical contacts, resulting in a DC current between the front and back of the cell. This photoelectric effect is produced without mechanical or chemical reactions, and so is maintenance-free and not subject to wear.
2. Power conversion
DC power produced by the solar generator is converted by the inverter into AC power, suitable for the power network (230 V AC at 50 Hz). Proven safety standards and fully developed power processors, as well as cutting edge electronics, ensure effective conversion of the solar power.
3. Energy utilisation
Contrary to stand-alone systems where the solar power must be stored in rechargeable batteries, systems linked to the mains feed all harvested power directly into the public grid. A separate meter is installed which monitors the power fed into the mains system. The generated energy is reimbursed by the electricity supply utility.
- Output warranty for up to 25 years through the high quality standard applied to the selection of silicon cells
- Assured performance through silicon cells manufactured to the highest quality standard
- All necessary components, such as interconnecting cables and the inverter of the photovoltaic system, are perfectly matched up
- Good inherent panel stability through robust aluminium frame and, in case of Vitovolt 300, through double-glazed design
- Encapsulating the Vitovolt 300 cells between two panes of solar glass ensures a long service life and high resistance to environmental influences
Quick installation through:
- Simple push connection of electrical cables,
- Installation set for vertical and horizontal rooftop installation
- Integral bypass diodes ensure high yields, even with partially shaded panels (avoiding hot spots)
- Fully wired, highly efficient inverter with integral information display
- Optional data capture and remote display